Senior Accountant required at our offices in Blackpool.
6 month fixed term contract
At Nixon Williams we pride ourselves on being our clients accounting partner of choice and we’ve been doing this since we were founded in 1995. To achieve this high level of service we invest heavily in the people that make that happen, our team of trained accountants and the support team behind them ensure we go above and beyond for our clients.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of our service for your client base up to 160 clients. You will have extensive experience of dealing with your own individual client base, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain a good working relationship with these customers whilst adhering to already established service standards.
Day to day duties:
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met;
- Drafting personal/company tax returns for client approval, providing advice and guidance to clients where necessary to approval stage;
- Preparation/reconciliation/explanation of annual accounts, closure accounts and Corporation Tax computations to approval stage;
- Ensuring your clients meet all their filing deadlines, providing reminders to clients where necessary;
- Communicating with HMRC and banking providers;
- Researching/responding to technical queries from other staff members and proactively shares best practice to technical solutions
- Builds credibility with clients and manages more complex /difficult client relationships
- Proven experience working in an Accountancy practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Competent in the use of Excel, Word, and E-mail
- Completed AAT qualification/ATT L3/QBE or ideally ACCA qualified or part qualified.
Register & Apply For This Job